Join us as we travel the globe engaging and sharing our message with and learning from those passionate about citizen science, communities, and GIS. Share and find on social media with #citizensciencegis
Sept 9-10: Central Florida GIS Workshop, Daytona Beach, FL
- NSF Coastal Connections presentation by students: Kirsten Bouck and Morgan McDonald
- Keynote Address: Dr. Timothy Hawthorne
Sept 11-13: Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo Community College
- Dr. Hawthorne presenting NSF-supported work from Citizen Science GIS as part of the American Association of Geographers and Gamma Theta Upsilon Visiting Geographical Scientist Program
Sept 28-Oct 1: NSF fieldwork with Smithsonian MarineGEO, Carrie Bow Caye, Belize
- Drs. Hawthorne and Yang will join Dr. Emmett Duffy and Smithsonian MarineGEO colleagues on Carrie Bow Caye, Belize to engage in drone mapping and training for marine habitat mapping in the South Water Marine Reserve.
November 7: Coastal and Estuarian Research Federation Conference, Mobile, Alabama
- Drs. Rivera and Hawthorne will co-present NSF CNH project work about sense of place mapping in the Indian River Lagoon.
February 2020: Ocean Sciences Meeting, San Diego, CA
April 2020: American Association of Geographers Annual Meeting, Denver, CO