GeoBus stops coming soon to Florida schools…
What is Geo Bus?
We are a 40 foot city bus with a mobile citizen science laboratory focused on maps, apps, and drones that visits all K-12 schools in Florida. The GeoBus is a collaborative partnership between University of Central Florida, Citizen Science GIS, and other community partners (to be named once the ink is dry).
Why Geo Bus Matters.
- The Power of Big and the Power of Being 1st! UCF hosts the first of its kind mobile geospatial technology experience in the United States.
- We Transport Maps, Apps, and Drones to Science’s Next Generation: Most K-12 schools do not offer geospatial technology, geography, or mapping experiences to students. We fill the gap through mobile education!
- We Support In-Demand Careers: There is an annual growth rate of 35% in geospatial technology careers*. Yet, K-12 students are often unaware of these careers. We stimulate interest in these career fields!
- We Provide Access to All: Scheduling priority is given to Title 1 schools and schools lacking sufficient support for science and geospatial technology experiences. We believe these technologies should be shared with all in society!
We Stop For Science.
- We Offer Fun, Hands-On Science and Technology Learning in Maps, Apps, and Drones. We fly and build mini-drones, code and launch crowd-sourced mapping apps, engage in real-world geospatial problem solving, and create social media mapping challenges.
- We Connect Central Florida Youth and UCF Students. We engage and inspire youth to believe in their talents and to believe in UCF as their destination of choice.
Online GeoBus Reservations Coming Later This Summer…
Want to Be a Community Partner for GeoBus?
Contact us at email@example.com to find out how you can help! GeoBus donations to UCF are tax-deductible. We acccept small and large donations to fuel geospatial technology education across Florida.