Dr. Bo Yang is postdoc researcher at University of Central Florida (UCF). He joined UCF with Citizen Science GIS group serving as lead postdoc for the project of NSF & Smithsonian eelgrass drone mapping project. He has multiple education backgrounds with a B. S. degree in applied mathematics, a M.S. in computer science, and a M.A. in GIS. He received Ph.D. in Geography at the University of Cincinnati (UC) in 2018.
Yang’s research interests include Geographical Information Science (GIS), UAV & Drone remote sensing, machine learning, and spatio-temporal geo-statistics. More information can be found in GIS-Yang.github.io.
- Mapping Carrie Bow Cay with Smithsonian MarineGEO
- 2019 Drone mapping field trip in Alaska
- 2019 Drone mapping field trip for WA eelgrass sites
- 2019 Drone mapping field trip for OR eelgrass sites
- 2019 Drone mapping field trip for Bodega Bay eelgrass sites
- 2019 Drone mapping field trip for San Diego sites
- Researchers at Univ. of Central Florida are going to use geo-statistical approach to blend UAV imagery with satellite data for monitoring seagrass along west coast
- Dr. Yang presents multi-spectral UAV mapping at UCF Research Week event
- How to create Region of Interest (ROI) in Google Earth Desktop using KML file
- Multi-spectral drone mapping fieldwork in Indian River Lagoon
- Citizen Science GIS Teacher Academy Success
- GIS Academy Gives Teachers Hands-On Experience
- A Bird’s-Eye View of the Indian River Lagoon
- Welcome Dr. Bo Yang!